Downtown Charleston Peninsula Home Decorating Project
I was recently contacted by a super cute, newly engaged couple who lives downtown Charleston about updating their home with new decor. I’m so excited as I equally LOVE interior design projects!
Many of you probably experienced this problem when you moved in with another person; you both have strong opinions on style and you may have completely different tastes! This is the fun and tricky part… merging two styles and lives together so the home reflects both individuals.
Here’s a current picture of their shared living room:
|Cute living room that just needs a little design flair.|
|Entrance to current living room.|
Now for the transformation. First up – Mood Boards. Here are a couple of designs I put together for them and why I like both approaches:
|Bright red accents create a bold, eye-catching space.|
Why I love this board:
- The sectional is fabulous with great fabric, nail-heads and straight lines. It’s very sophisticated in my opinion.
- LOVE the chair because I really LOVE tufting… it’s got a nice curve and the color is solid, which is nice because you can add pillows with great prints for a punch of color.
- The rug has a great pattern to give the room some interest, but the color is neutral so it doesn’t overwhelm you.
- The curtains are great for a wow factor. I love the color and pattern – it gives the room that color that doesn’t overwhelm you but brings it all together.
|Contemporary furniture paired with geometric patterns.|
This board is great because:
- I love the mixture of Hollywood glam used here with the glass/metal tables, great lamps with the gold accents and the touch of wood to balance it out with the coffee table.
- I kept this room a little neutral with a gray sofa, neutral chairs and white rug with a black print. The colors and patterns on the curtains tied it all together.
- All of the prints make your eye move from one place to another in this room without it being overwhelming.
|Soothing colors create a refreshing and relaxing space.|
I love this board because:
- It’s basic – what some may call monotone – colors deceptively seem very refreshing to me.
- The sectional is great for the couple because their den is small, and since they love to entertain, I need to maximize their sitting space. This sectional works perfectly.
- The color of the chair is very coastal and looks so soothing. I love the blue lamps with the gray rug and the white curtains with the gray print… it ties into our coastal colors and really gives this room a light and airy feel.
I cannot wait to share this home transformation as I merge their lives together! Stay tuned for their selection!
Which board would you choose and why?